Remember when I went a bit
crazy overboard at the library last week? Well, we haven’t read all the books we borrowed but we have gone through about a quarter of them. The next time we go to the library, I will try to stick to a 15 book limit. I really will. But no promises. I may just be a rebel and borrow 16.
Here’s what we have read so far.
- Captain Pajamas Defender of the Universe by Bruce Whatley and Rosie Smith
- Kipper’s A to Z by Mick Inkpen
- Ms. Frizzles Adventures Imperial China by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen
- The Potty Book for Girls by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Incredible Me! By Kathi Appelt
- The Pet Dragon by Christoph Niemann
- The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle
- The Retired Kid by Jon Agee
- Silly Billy by Anthony Browne
- Ten-Gallon Bart by Susan Stevens Crummel
- Mmm, Cookies! By Robert Munsch
My favorite out of this bunch is The Retired Kid by Jon Agee. It’s about this eight-year-old named Brian who is tired of being a kid. Apparently it’s too much work. You know, with having to walk your dog, eat your veggies and go to school. He decides to retire. In Florida. At first, it’s a fantastic change from being a kid. But Brian later finds out that being retired is a lot of work too.
Have you read any of the books from this list? How did you like it?