I made some super delicious salted caramel mini cheesecakes for you. But before we get to that I’d like to talk about something serious. Something that a lot of people might not talk about but most probably experience. I’m talking about having crushes on celebrities.
We all have them. And it’s okay to have them. As long as it’s not an obsessive psycho stalker type of crush. Yeah, those kinds of crushes are creepy.
As you all know I am married. Happily married. But I can’t help it. I have crushes on celebrities. It’s more of talent crushes than anything. And don’t worry. My husband knows.
Below are some celebrities that I crush on.
- Dave Grohl: Lead singer of the Foo Fighters. Super talented musician and songwriter.
- Brad Paisley: My country music boyfriend. Crazy guitar player.
- David Tennant: The 10th Doctor. Quirky and adorable. Allons-y!
- Taye Diggs: Love his style, smile and voice. I have a talent crush on his wife too.
- Bear Grylls: Watching Man vs. Wild is the closest I’ll get to actually being outdoorsy. Oh and I adore his accent.
- Harry Shum Jr. : I’m a sucker for a guy that can dance really well.
- Michael Symon: My favorite Iron Chef. He loves bacon. Even more than me.
- Eli Manning: I’m a Colts fan but Eli is my NFL boyfriend.
Okay, enough of the serious stuff. Let’s get to the sweets.
A few of my faves: chocolate chips, cookies, and salted caramel sauce.
Takes a little work to make these but it’s totally worth it.
I love things that are bite sized.
You don’t have to feel guilty about eating two or three at one time.
Just make sure you don’t eat seven or eight in one sitting.
Not like I’ve ever done that.
They taste even better than they look.
So, who are your celebrity crushes?
Salted Caramel Mini Cheesecakes adapted from Pillsbury
16 crème filled vanilla sandwich cookies (like Golden Oreos), crushed (about 1 ½ cups)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 egg, room temperature
3 tablespoons salted caramel sauce
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325⁰F.
- Line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Press 2 teaspoons of cookie mixture firmly in the bottom of each muffin cup. (You will most likely have some of the cookie mixture left over. I just folded it in the batter with the chocolate chips.)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and sugar with a hand mixer on medium speed, about 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla, egg, and caramel sauce, beating to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Cool in pan on cooling rack for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.