My younger sister is getting married in March. I got to go wedding dress shopping with her. I think we went to about six different stores before she finally decided on one. I have to say, her dress is gorgeous. Very fashion forward, but elegant at the same time. It’s very her.
I’m already married and I really did love my wedding dress but being around all those beautiful dresses made me wish I could get another one. I’m not exactly sure what for. I was never really the princess wedding dress kind of girl but I have to say, some of them were soooo pretty. It would be nice to get all dolled up and take really nice pictures in one. Sigh.
Since that won’t be happening any time soon, do you all want to see the crazy dessert that I made this weekend? Okie dokie. I’m ignoring all of you who said no.
This is definitely not for anyone on a diet.
Or anyone who doesn’t like chocolate.
If you’re on a diet AND don’t like chocolate, I’m not sure if we can be friends.
We can be friends.
People on diets have cheat days, right?
That’s what I thought.
Dieters, try this on your cheat day.
It’s totally worth it.
Ultimate Cookie Brownie Bar adapted from Kevin and Amanda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup M&Ms
1 package double stuffed crème filed chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix (I used the recipe below)
¼ cup chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish that’s been lined with wax or parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Top with a layer of chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional ¼ cup of chocolate sauce if desired. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and chocolate sandwich cookies. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- To half this recipe for an 8×8 brownie mix, just half the chocolate chip cookie dough ingredients.
I Don’t Give a Fudge Brownies
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
⅔ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
¾ cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), melted
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, cocoa powder, and flour with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Be sure to not over mix.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.