Hello, me hearties!
I just called you all me hearties.
Sometimes I like to talk like a pirate.
Cause pirates are cool.
You know what else is cool?
Or at least I’ve heard that Alt Summit is cool.
Don’t know what Alt Summit is?
Well it’s this really awesome design/blogging conference that’s been held in Salt Lake City, Utah the past three years. After hearing sooo many bloggers rave about it, I am going to try my best to make it to next year’s Alt Summit.
I’ve heard it described as summer camp for bloggers and as a big slumber party.
Who wouldn’t want to go?
I mean unless you’re not into blogging, design, or you don’t like to have fun.
I’ve got less than a year to save up some dinero to go. I guess that KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer will just have to wait. Ain’t it pretty though? I like pretty things.
I’m also looking for an Alt Summit roomie. I want to try to stay here, as long as the conference is held there next year. (It was held there this year.) If you’re going to Alt Summit next year and are looking for a roomie, let me know.
And now I present to you THE BEST ice cream I have made thus far.
I am totally serious.
Even my hubby said so.
SWEET NUTS! REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!
If you smiled or giggled after reading the words sweet nuts, you’re not the only one.
Apparently we are both twelve years old.
Peanut Peanut Peanut Butter Ice Cream
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 cup milk, chilled
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add peanut butter ¼ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly. Add peanut butter mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add peanut butter cup pieces and peanuts.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.