So, yesterday was pretty awesome.
Here are some of my fave things from the Superbowl.
- The food. Duh.
- The half time show. I don’t care what anyone says, Madonna fricken rocked it. It was the most entertaining half time show I’ve seen in a REALLY long time.
- The VW dog commercial.
- Ahmad Bradshaw’s touchdown. I was totally confused at first and then someone pointed out that he was trying to use more time.
- THE GIANTS WON!
In case you were wondering, I didn’t make a dessert for the Superbowl party we went to.
But you can’t really go wrong with cheese and bacon.
What was your favorite part of the Superbowl?
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms and Jalapeños
1 head garlic, roasted
8 oz. white button mushrooms, stems removed
10 jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed, sliced in half lengthwise
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup Feta cheese
6 slices bacon, fried or baked and crumbled
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- Squeeze garlic into a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add Greek yogurt, Feta cheese, bacon, and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Stir until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Stuff mushrooms and jalapeños with cheese mixture. Top mushrooms and jalapeños with bread crumb mixture.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from baking sheet and bake jalapeños for 10 more minutes.