We leave for Europe TOMORROW!!!
I’m extremely excited and nervous.
Excited because, well, we’re heading to Paris (one of my favorite cities, EVER) and London! Nervous because we’ll be leaving our girls for 11 days. I’ve never spent more than half a day without them. It’s a good thing there’s Google Hangouts and we’ll be able to see them every day. If you’re not using that yet, you totally should. It’s super easy AND you can hang out with up to 10 people at a time.
Also, if you’ve got any last-minute suggestions for stuff we should see/do/eat while abroad, let me know in the comments below. So far, I think I’ve got like 10 ice cream/gelato places and 20 bakeries on our ‘Must Visit’ list. Don’t worry. The Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Westminster Abbey, and Parliament are on the list too.
I’ll try my best to keep up with the blog while I’m away. I will also be sending some updates via Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Feel free to send me questions, comments, quemments, or suggestions via those social media sites.
And now for some cooooooooookies.
Be careful when you make these.
The dough is quite tasty.
I ate like two or three or seven spoonfuls of just the dough.
Feel free to substitute whatever nuts you prefer. I’ll bet anyone $1 that my sisters are laughing right now.
If you don’t know why my sisters would be laughing, you are waaaay more mature than us.
Double Chocolate Pecan Macadamia Nut Cookies
½ cup rolled oats
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
3 cups semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine, almost like a powder. In a medium bowl, add oats with flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In another medium bowl, using a stand or hand mixer cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine. Fold in chocolate chips, pecans, and macadamia nuts.
- Chill dough for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Spoon rounded ¼ cup portions onto ungreased cookie sheets. Place scoops about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating pan 180⁰ halfway through.