Last week I experienced something I’ve never experienced before.
I received my first über negative comment on the blog.
Now, I have gotten negative comments before, but they were nothing like this latest one. I could almost feel the person screaming at me. Oh yeah. He also dropped an f-bomb.
At first I felt really hurt. I felt like somehow I had failed at something I really loved doing. I felt like I had failed at blogging.
But after a bit, I just let it go.
There will always be people who don’t follow Wheaton’s Law.
There will always be trolls.
There will always be people who don’t agree with you.
And that’s okay.
That’s just life.
You can’t please everyone. All you can do is your best. If someone doesn’t like it, it’s totally fine. They have the choice to read someone else’s blog. They have the choice to watch someone else’s YouTube channel. There is something out there for everyone.
You just have to keep creating.
Learn from every comment you get.
Never stop doing what you love.
And if you ever find yourself needing a little pick me up, you should totally make this.
It’s reaaaaaally good.
Cross my heart and hope to fly…to Tuscany.
Oatmeal Cookie Cream Filling
¼ cup vegetable shortening
¼ cup marshmallow fluff
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk (if needed, more milk may be added until you get your desired consistency)
- Combine shortening and marshmallow fluff in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and milk and mix to combine.
- Spread filling on the flat side of one oatmeal cookie and top with another cookie.
- Eat immediately or let it set up in the fridge for an hour. They’re delicious either way!