Earlier this week the world lost the great Nora Ephron.
I ♥ that movie.
I will watch it EVERY SINGLE TIME it is on TV.
I’m not even kidding.
Why am so I obsessed with it?
The chemistry between Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks is undeniable. Who doesn’t love to see both of them together? If you don’t, then clearly you have no heart or you are a robot.
I LOVE Kathleen Kelly’s bookstore, The Shop Around the Corner. I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world to have your own bookstore. And it’s a children’s bookstore! I cannot even tell you how much I adore children’s books. I also totally loved that she gave customers reusable bags instead of plastic ones for their purchases. Oh and she had a story hour! I think everyone, no matter how old they are, loves being read to.
Joe Fox is unbelievably adorable with his brother and aunt. Oh, who am I kidding? Joe Fox is just unbelievably adorable.
The ending. Oh, the ending.*Sigh* Gets me every time.
Okay. Now I really want to watch You’ve Got Mail.
So guys and gals, what is your favorite Nora Ephron flick?
Triple Chocolate and Cream Cookies
½ cup rolled oats
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
2 ½ cups semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
2 cups (14-15 cookies) crème filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos), roughly chopped
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine, almost like a powder. In a medium bowl, add oats with flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another medium bowl, using a stand or hand mixer cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and cookie pieces.
- Chill dough for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Spoon rounded ¼ cup portions onto ungreased cookie sheets. Place scoops about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating pan 180⁰ halfway through.
- Let cookies sit on pan for a minute then using a spatula transfer to a cooling rack.