I’m stuck in a rut.
A creative rut, that is.
All the recipes I’ve been tossing around in my head seem so ho-hum. Just slightly modified versions of recipes that have been done a million times before. So uninspired. None of them make me want to say, “This is soooo awesome! I can’t wait to share it with my readers!”
Please excuse my gloomy mood. I’m in a bit of a funk right now. *sigh*
Speculoos Ice Cream
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 cup milk, chilled
½ cup Speculoos spread (feel free to substitute any cookie butter spread you have)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add Speculoos ¼ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly. Add Speculoos mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.