Sometimes all you want is something familiar.
Something that is inside the box.
Something that doesn’t have all the bells and whistles.
Sometimes all you want is some mint chocolate cookie ice cream.
Here’s to the simple things.
Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 cup milk, chilled
2 teaspoons pure mint extract
8-10 crème filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos), roughly chopped
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and mint extract.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add cookie pieces and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.