I’m having a bit of an identity crisis.
A style identity crisis.
For a long time my uniform has always been t-shirts and shorts or jeans. Since I’m a SAHM, it doesn’t stray from that too often. But over the past couple of years I’ve been drawn more and more to clothing with a slightly more feminine feel. Think Jess Day from New Girl. I adore her wardrobe.
My eyes instantly gravitate towards clothing with patterns like stripes and polka dots. I’d also love to incorporate colors like yellow or fuchsia or cobalt blue into my wardrobe. And patterned leggings. I wish it were cold enough here for me to wear cute patterned leggings.
Perhaps when I save enough pennies I’ll take a trip to my favorite thrift store. I’ll keep you all updated on my findings.
How about you? Have you ever gone through a style identity crisis?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix (plus ingredients called for on the box)
½ cup peanut butter, melted
1 (8oz.) tub whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
8 Mini peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
Grated chocolate (optional)
- Bake cake (in a greased 9×13-inch pan) according to instructions on the box.
- While cake is still warm, using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake.
- Pour peanut butter over the cake. Let cool.
- Spread whipped topping over the cake.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cup pieces and chocolate over the top.
- Let cake set up in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.