Soooo… I’m not dressing up for Halloween this year.
We’re only taking our girls around our little apartment complex so I didn’t feel like putting a costume together.
And then I saw this on Etsy.
Don’t even care that it might not arrive in time for Halloween.
I just want to dress up as Twilight Sparkle.
Salted Caramel Toffee Chip Ice Cream
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 cup milk, chilled
½ cup salted caramel sauce
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
⅓ cup toffee bits
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add salted caramel sauce ¼ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly. Add salted caramel mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.