Some things I’m thankful for:
My family & friends
Food to eat
A roof over my head
Paris & London
The awesome people who read my blog
And ice cream, of course.
Spicy Maple Ice Cream
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 cup milk, chilled
¾ cup maple syrup
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute or two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add maple syrup ¼ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly. Whisk in cayenne. Add maple syrup mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.