I just want to say thank you all so much for taking the time to read my little blog.
Thanks for letting me geek out over Doctor Who, bake way too many sweets, and talk incessantly about my kids.
Thanks for putting up with all of my grammatical errors, my overuse of the word awesome, and my obsession with Paris.
I hope you like hugs because I’m giving you a really big one right now.
Have an amazing Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 cup milk, chilled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup chocolate syrup (optional)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin puree ¼ cup at a time, whisking after each addition. Add cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg and whisk until combined.
- Add pumpkin mixture back to the rest of the cream mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add graham cracker crumbs.
- Transfer to ice cream container, alternately layering ice cream and chocolate syrup. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.