Could be a big deal.
Depends on what you’re counting five hundred of.
A five hundred word essay? Not a big deal.
A five hundred-dollar gift card to Target? Big deal.
Since this is my 500th blog post, I thought we should celebrate with something sinfully sweet.
Like über chocolatey cupcakes.
Sounds good, right?
I knew I liked you.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting (makes 12 cupcakes)
½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 batch peanut butter frosting (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate and mix for a minute more.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to butter mixture. Beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour into lined cupcake tins and fill about ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting (for approx. 10-12 cupcakes)
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup peanut butter
1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
- Cream butter and peanut butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time while mixing with a hand mixer. Once all sugar is incorporated, beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat for another minute.