I know, I know.
But I’d like to talk about it now.
Have you seen it yet?
If you haven’t or you’re not a Whovian (what the what?!), feel free to skip to the recipe.
What I loved
- Sherlock and Game of Thrones.
- The Doctor in a top hat.
- Clara. She’s so freakin’ cute and talks as fast as, if not faster than, The Doctor. Plus she’s given me so many cosplay ideas.
- Seeing the T.A.R.D.I.S. in a sea of clouds. So pretty.
There are a lot of theories around the interwebs on who Clara really is. I don’t really have any theory favorites. I’m just über excited for the next episode.
So, Whovians, what was your favorite part of The Snowmen?
Pistachio Ice Cream
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
¾ cup pistachios, shelled
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 cup milk, chilled
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- In a food processor, grind together ¾ cup sugar and pistachios until fine.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in ¼ cup of sugar. After sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and almond extract.
- Add 1 cup of cream mixture to a medium bowl. Add pistachio sugar mixture a ¼ cup at time, whisking thoroughly. Add pistachio and cream mixture back to the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
*If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.