Guys, I’m thinking about giving my blog a face lift.
Actually, more like a blog extreme makeover.
Complete redesign with logo and a move to WordPress.org.
I know what some of you are thinking.
Why would she want to do that? It’s just a silly little blog. That’s a waste of time and money.
Well, my dears, here are some of my reasons for wanting to do a redesign:
1. I was never truly satisfied with all the blog theme templates out there. None of them really spoke to me.
2. I want to feel proud with the look of my blog instead of just feeling meh about it.
3. I feel like this blog is more than just a blog. It’s my brand.
So, am I crazy for wanting to do this? Probably.
Chocolate Chip Mac Nut Cheesecake with Brownie Crust
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
⅔ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), melted
½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
⅓ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Spray 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, cocoa powder, and flour with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Be sure to not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan and bake for 38-42 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk a ¼ cup at a time, beating after each addition.
- Fold in macadamia nuts and mini chocolate chips.
- Pour cheesecake batter over brownie crust. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.